Production Associate – Toppings
S.A Piazza & Associates, LLC. believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Per established procedure and under supervision, performs packaging and light machine operation functions in multiple work locations in support of S.A. Piazza & Associates, LLC. production goals. Per established procedures, apply toppings and package product in correct configuration per work order specifications. Per established procedure, maintain all packaging equipment. Specific tasks are clearly defined by work instructions for each operation in the job rotation. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- Involves the process of verifying the correct container for the product being packaged, along with other materials such as the correct crust, disk, and other toppings or packaging materials.
- Place materials on fixture or in position for process or operation to be completed.
- Set-up and breakdown of machine and fixtures for processing. Work is based on specific guidelines for each machine and part. Set-up may consist of installation, changes and adjustments to fixture. Set-up activities may require the use of hand tools.
- Minor, simple adjustments to machines may need to be made during processing. Adjustment may require the use of hand tools.
- Moves and/or stacks materials to work centers as applicable.
- Check and correct any conditions which are not conducive to a safe, clean work place. Reports any safety problems immediately.
- Visually and manually inspect product per inspection guidelines to ensure product meets quality standards.
- Complete documentation accurately and legibly per established procedures.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Ability to be at the physical location of the job at the designated shift assigned.
- Will be asked to train someone and/or participate in a task force to improve company procedures or operations.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a GMP/SQF/USDA quality environment including but not limited to: inspections and GMP/SQF/USDA requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require.
Key Behavioral Attributes
- Clear focus on High Quality
- Works well independently and in a team setting.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Positive demeanor.
- Dependable, exemplifying this through attendance and job duties.
- Constantly seeking better processes and challenging status quo: Continuous Improvement.
Education / Skill / Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 6 months – 2 years of current experience in a manufacturing environment in the operation of mechanical equipment used in conveying, sealing, inspection and packaging of products/containers is highly desirable.
- Prior food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with GMP/SQF/USDA compliance is preferred.
- A legal right to work in the United States.
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check in accordance with S.A. Piazza & Associates standards.
- Standing/Walking: Continually & fast paced – Most assignments and work functions are performed while standing.
- Sitting: Occasionally – Few assignments can be completed while either sitting or standing and only applies to certain work areas and/or work functions.
- Crouching (bending at knees): Occasionally – Crouching is necessary when lifting materials.
- Reaching: Continually – All positions require continual handling of small parts and various materials. Reaching is primarily performed between waist and shoulder level. Some overhead reaching is required.
- Stooping (bend at waist): Rarely – May bend at waist while setting up work activities.
- Kneeling: Rarely – Kneels to retrieve materials from the floor.
- Handling: Continually – Handles small components.
- Fingering/Feeling/Grasping: Continually – Required for all tasks.
- Lifting/Carrying: Frequently – All tasks require lifting and carrying boxes or bins of materials/parts up to 30 feet. A typical weight range is 10-30 pounds. Stacks of boxes may weigh as much as 55 pounds.
- Push/Pull – Frequently – Pallets jack of product with loads weighing as much as 1500 pounds.
- Seeing: have 20/20 vision or 20/30 corrected vision.
Working Conditions / Physical Hazards
- Works in production environment with regular exposure to noise, cleaning agents including bleach.
- Works in a production environment with a controlled temperature of 44 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must adhere to Company safety policies and wear the required personal protective equipment.
Unplanned Activities / Additional Duties
- Ability to work overtime and weekends.
|Does this position require protective equipment?||Yes|
|Does this position require a Non-Compete Agreement?||No|
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer